Flagstone Writer's Block Pinotage x6
Sweet | 1 2 3 4 5| Dry
Light | 1 2 3 4 5 | Full bodied
Enticing ruby red in colour.
On the nose a wonderful, balancing of ripe, dark red fruit like mulberry and blackberry, with mocha chocolate and Indian spice, underpinned by a bewitching hint of bramble and mint.
The palate is surprisingly rich, beautifully balanced and gives the impression of being elegant and powerful at the same time. Flavours of very ripe strawberry, cherry and darker blackberry are wrapped up in soft, comforting oak hints and a caress of vanilla and dark chocolate. Really long and luscious.
Pinotage is versatile enough to pair across a huge spectrum of dishes from braaied Springbok fillet, spicy lamb stew and even Indian curries.
Love for the Writer’s Block:
- Old Mutual Trophy Wine Show 2019
- SAWI – South African Wine Index multi year status – track over 5 years – 2019
- Top Wine SA classification 2019 – track record over the past 10 years.
- Platter Wine Guide 2019
- International Wine & Spirit Competition 2018
- Veritas Wine Awards 2018
- Michelangelo International Wine Awards 2018
- ABSA Top 10 Pinotage
- SA Terroir Wine Awards 2018
- Old Mutual Trophy Wine Awards 2018
- International Wine Challenge Tranche 2 2018
- Decanter World Wine Awards 2018
- SAWI multiyear status – track over 5 years – 2018
- Top 100 SA Wine Challenge 2018